means that we can move toward systemsthat afford both collaborative actionson shared content on the tabletop andtangibles, as well as individual and morecomplex interactions on tablets andmobile devices.
1. Halskov, K. CAVI - An interaction designresearch lab. Interactions 18, 4 (2011),
2. Dalsgaard, P. and Halskov, K. Tangible 3Dtabletops: Combining tangible tabletopinteraction and 3D projection. Proc. ofNordiCHI 2012. 109–118.
3. Dalsgaard, P. and Halskov, K. 3Dprojection on physical objects: Designinsights from five real life cases. Proc. ofCHI 2011. ACM, New York, 2011.
4. Halskov, K., Stoltze, L.B., and Dalsgaard,P. Analyzing engaging experiences with atangible 3D tabletop. Proc. of ACE 2014.ACM (forthcoming).
5. Jordà, S., Geiger, G., Alonso, M., andKaltenbrunner, M. The reac Table:Exploring the synergy bet ween livemusic performance and tabletop tangibleinterfaces. Proc. of TEI 2007. ACM, 2007,
6. Dalsgaard, P. Participatory design inlarge-scale public projects: Challenges andopportunities. In Design Issues Summer
2012 28, 3 (2012), 34–47. T. Robertsonand J. Simonsen, eds.
7. Video link: cavi.au.dk/TUP
8. Dalsgaard, P. and Eriksson, E. Large-scale participation: A case study of aparticipatory approach to developing anew public library. Proc. of CHI 2013.ACM, New York, 2013.
9. Video link: cavi.au.dk/research-areas/tangible-3d-tabletops/
10. The presentation of Projected Play is basedon an excerpt from [ 4].
11. Video link: cavi.au.dk/research-areas/projected-play/
12. Dalsgaard, P. Designing for inquisitive use.
Proc. of DIS 2008. ACM, Ne w York, 2008,
Peter Dalsgaard is an associate professorof interaction design at Aarhus University. Hiswork combines theoretical approaches andpractice-based projects to explore creativityand innovation in design processes and thedesign of tools and spaces that meaningfullyblend digital and physical properties.→
Kim Halskov is a professor in interactiondesign at Aarhus University, where he inaddition to being director of the Centre for
here are quite simple, more intricatecontrols and interdependencies could beimplemented in the system to supportcomplex multi-user interaction andcontent manipulation.