ACM-NDC Study 2016-2017: Fifth Annual Study of
Non-Doctoral-Granting Departments in Computing
Carolina at Greensboro; University of Portland; University
of Puerto Rico; University of Sioux Falls; University of South
Carolina; University of Washington; University of Wisconsin;
Ursinus College; Utah Valley University; Valdosta State
University; Valley City State University; Villanova University;
Wartburg College; Wellesley College; Wentworth Institute of
Technology; West Virginia State University; Western Carolina
University; Western State Colorado University; Wheaton
College (IL); Whitworth University; William Penn University;
Williams Baptist College; Williams College; Wittenberg
University; Worcester State University; Xavier University
1. ABE T; http://abet.org/. Accessed 2017 June 5.
2. ACM SIGI TE; http://www.sigite.org/. Accessed 2017 June 5.
3. AIS; http://aisnet.org/. Accessed 2017 June 5.
4. Computing Curricula 2005, ACM; http://www.acm.org/education/education/curric_
vols/CC2005-March06Final.pdf. Accessed 2017 June 5.
5. Generation CS: CS Undergraduate Enrollments Surge Since 2006, Computing
Research Association; http://www.cra.org/data/generation-cs/. Accessed 2017
6. NCES 2012, IPEDS; https://surveys.nces.ed.gov/ipeds. Accessed 2017 June 5.
7. NSF 2012, NCES; http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/degrees. Accessed 2017 June 5.
8. Tims, J.L., Zweben, S., Timanovsky, Y. and Prey, J.C. ACM NDC Study 2015-2016:
Fourth Annual Study of Non-Doctoral-Granting Departments in Computing, ACM
Inroads, 7, 3 (2016), 50–63.
9. Zweben, S. and Bizot, B. 2017. 2016 Taulbee Survey. Computing Research News, 29,
5, (2017), 3–51. http://www.cra.org/resources/taulbee/. Accessed 2017 June 5.
Jody L. Tims
Professor and Chair, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Baldwin Wallace University
275 Eastland Road, Berea, Ohio 44138 USA
Professor Emeritus, Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University
2015 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA
ACM Education Manager, ACM Headquarters
Two Penn Plaza, Suite 701, New York, New York 10121-0701 USA
DOI: 10.1145/3123733 ©Association for Computing Machinery, Inc.
Permission to copy, redistribute, and republish results of this study is granted provided credit is given to ACM and/or the ACM Education Board.
An influential voice
in the study of
Explores how and
why we interact with
the designed world of
Offers content to
inspire and educate
and creations in the
Makes engaging HCI
to practitioners and
voices heard by
To learn more about us, visit
our award-winning website
Follow us on
Facebook and Twitter