9. Hammer, M. and Champy, J. 1993. Reengineering the Corporation: A
Manifesto for Business Revolution. Harper Business, New York, NY.
0. Hammer, M. 1990. Re-engineering work: Don’t automate, obliterate.
Harvard Bus. Rev. 104-112.
1. Hammer, M. and Champy, J. 1992. What is reengineering?
Information WEEK. 10-24.
2. Havey, M. 2005. Essential Business Process Modelling. O’Reilly Media, Inc., Sebastopol, CA. 16-17.
3. Hill, J. B., Sinur, J., Flint, D., and Melenovsky, M. J. 2006. Gartner’s
position on business process management, 2006. In Business Issues.
4. Hill, J. B., Cantara, M., Deitert, E., and Kerremans, M. 2007. Magic
quadrant for business process management suites. Gartner Research.
5. Hill, J. B., Pezzini, M., and Natis, Y. V. 2008. Findings: Confusion
remains regarding BPM terminologies. ID no. G00155817. Gartner
Research (Mar. 10, 2008).
6. Hill, J. B., Kerremans, M., and Bell, T. 2007. Cool vendors in business process management. Gartner Research.
7. Intalio. 2007. Intalio designer. http://www.intalio.com/products/
designer/ (accessed Feb. 2, 2008).
8. J. KAISHA-Tec Co. Ltd. 2008. ActiveModeler advantage. http://
www.activemodeler.com (accessed Feb. 2, 2008).
9. Klein, M. and Dellarocas, C. 2003. Designing robust business
processes. In Organizing Business Knowledge: The MIT Process
Handbook. Malone, T. W., Crowston, K., and Herman, G. A, Eds.
MIT Press, Cambridge, MA. 434-438.
0. Ko, R. K. L., Lee, S. S. G., and E. W. Lee, E. W. 2009. Business
process management (BPM) standards: A survey. Bus. Process
Manage. J. 15, 5. To appear.
1. Koskela, M. and Haajanen, J. 2007. Business process modelling and
execution: Tools and technologies report for the SOAMeS project.
V T T Technical Research Centre of Finland.
2. Metastorm Inc. 2007. Metastorm Inc. corporate website. http://
www.metastorm.com (accessed Feb. 2, 2008).
3. Mendling, J. and Neumann, G. 2005. A comparison of XML interchange formats for business process modelling. In Workflow Handbook.
4. Milner, R. 1982. A Calculus of Communicating Systems. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
5. Milner, R. 1999. Communicating and Mobile Systems: The Pi Calculus. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
6. OASIS. 2008. Web services business process execution language
( WSBPEL). http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.
php?wg_abbrev=wsbpel (accessed Sept. 14, 2008).
7. Ould, M. A. 1995. Business Process: Modelling and Analysis for
Re-engineering and Improvement. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
8. Petri, C. A. 1962. Kommunikation mit automaten. PhD thesis.
Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut f. instrumentelle Mathematik an
9. Prahalad, C. K. and Hamel, G. 1990. The core competence of the
corporation. Harvard Bus. Rev. 68. 79-91.
30. Pyke, J. 2007. XPDL—The silent workhorse of BPM. BPM.COM.
31. Recker, J. C. and Mendling, J. 2006. On the translation between
BPMN and BPEL: Conceptual mismatch between process modelling
languages. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on
Advanced Information Systems Engineering. 521-532.
2. Tan, P. S., Goh, A. E. S., Lee, S. S. G., and Lee, E. W. 2006. Issues and
approaches to dynamic, service-oriented multi-enterprise collaboration. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN’06). 399-404.
3. van der Aalst, W. M. P. , ter Hofstede, A. H. M., and Weske, M.
2003. Business process management: A survey. In Proceedings of the
Business Process Management: International Conference (BPM’03).
4. van der Aalst, W. M. P. 2003. Don’t go with the flow: Web services
composition standards exposed. IEEE Intell. Syst. 18. 72-76.
5. van der Aalst, W. M. P. 2004. Business process management demys-tified: A tutorial on models, systems and standards for workflow
management. Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 3098.
(Lectures on Concurrency and Petri Nets). 1-65.
6. van der Aalst, W. M. P. 2004. Business process management: A personal view. Bus. Process Manage. J. 10.
7. van der Aalst, W. M. P. 2005. Pi calculus versus Petri nets: Let us eat
“humble pie” rather than further inflate the “Pi hype.” Unpublished
8. WfMC. 1993. Workflow management coalition. http://www.wfmc.
org/ (accessed Feb. 1, 2008).
9. zur Muehlen, M. 2007. Tutorial—Business process management
standards. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on
Business Process Management (BPM’07).
Ryan K. L. Ko ( email@example.com) is a final-year PhD candidate at
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to his current research, he was a Systems Engineer from a Singapore MNC, specializing in
SAP Enterprise Portal, Net Weaver, ERP, and BPM systems. In the course
of his previous employment, he designed, implemented, and managed
more than 50 business processes for his company. He holds a Bachelor of
Engineering (Computer Engineering, Hons.) from Nanyang Technological
University. His research interests are business process management, on-tologies, dynamic enterprise collaboration, and artificial intelligence.
Visit the NEW
frequently updated Crossroads Web site
is your one-stop resource for free access to
all past issues, tutorials, and interviews with
industry professionals. You will also be able
to see our editorial calendar and information
on getting published in future issues.