AmazonViz: Visualizing Amazon.com Purchase Orders
Figure 6: Spiral Visualization: month of purchase mapped to
radial position, total price mapped to hue, size, and height,
number of item types mapped to orientation, and total quantity
mapped to luminance and transparency.
2. Ankerst, M., Berchtold, S., and Keim, D. A. 1998. Similarity clustering of dimensions for an enhanced visualization of multidimensional
data. In Proceedings IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization
3. Foltz, M. A. and Davis, R. 2001. Query by attention: Visually searchable information maps. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information Visualisation.
4. Healey, C. G. and Enns, J. T. 1999. Large datasets at a glance:
Combining textures and colors in scientific visualization. IEEE
Trans. Visual. Comput. Graph. 5, 2. 145-167.
5. Kocherlakota, S. M. 2002. Perception driven search strategies for
effective multi-dimensional visualization. M.S. thesis, North Carolina State University.
6. Weigle, C., Emigh, W., Liu, G., Taylor, R., Enns, J. T., and Healey,
C. G. 2000.Oriented texture slivers: A technique for local value estimation of multiple scalar fields. In Proceedings of Graphics Interface.
Montréal, Canada. 163-170.
7. Rao, R. A. and Lohse, G. L. 1993. Towards a texture naming system:
Identifying relevant dimensions in texture. In Proceedings of the EEE
Visualization Conference. 220-227.
8. Haralick, R. M., Shanmugam, K., and Dinstein, I. 1973. IEEE Trans.
Syst., Man, Cybernetics 3. 610-621.
9. Sawant, A. P., Vanninen, M., and Healey, C. G. 2007. PerfViz: A visualization tool for analyzing, exploring, and comparing storage controller performance data. In Proceedings of Visualization and Data
Analysis (VDA’07). San Jose, CA. 1-11.
Amit Prakash Sawant ( email@example.com) is a Member of
Technical Staff at NetApp. His research interests include computer
graphics, scientific visualization, information visualization, visual
perception, and databases.
Christopher G. Healey ( firstname.lastname@example.org) is an Associate Professor
in the Computer Science department at North Carolina State University. His research interests include computer graphics, scientific visualization, perception and cognitive vision, color, texture, databases, and
Dongfeng Chen ( email@example.com) is a PhD student in the Computer
Science department at North Carolina State University. His research interests include data integration, query processing, and optimization.
Rada Chirkova ( firstname.lastname@example.org) is an Assistant Professor in the
Computer Science department at North Carolina State University.
Her research interests center on database performance. Her current research focuses on improving query-processing efficiency by designing
and materializing views.
Visit the NEW