The College of Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, a
world leader in information and communication technology,
has extended its global reach into Africa. In 2012 we became
the first U.S.-based research university offering on-site
master’s degrees in Africa at our base in Kigali, Rwanda.
Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda is educating future
leaders who will use their hands-on, experiential learning to
advance technology innovation and grow the businesses that
will transform Africa.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates to join our world-class faculty, who share in our vision of developing creative
and technically strong engineers that will impact society.
Faculty members are expected to collaborate with industry
and deliver innovative, interdisciplinary graduate teaching
and research programs.
Carnegie Mellon is seeking exceptional
candidates who can deliver innovative,
interdisciplinary graduate programs in
• Software engineering
• Mobile and cloud computing
• Communications and
• Cybersecurity and privacy
• Embedded systems
• Energy systems
• Image and signal processing
• Data analytics
• Applications in healthcare,
agriculture, finance and infrastructure
• Innovation and technology management
Candidates should possess a Ph.D. in
a related discipline and an outstanding
record in research, teaching and leadership.
Faculty positions in Electrical and
Computer Engineering in Africa
• Please contact us at email@example.com for full application requirements.
• Further information about CMU in Rwanda can be found at
• Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.