ACM, Uniting the World’s Computing Professionals,
Researchers, Educators, and Students
At a time when computing is at the center of the growing demand for technology jobs worldwide,
ACM is continuing its work on initiatives to help computing professionals stay competitive in the
global community. ACM delivers resources that advance computing as a science and profession.
As a member of ACM, you join nearly 90,000 other computing professionals and students worldwide to define
the largest educational, scientific, and professional computing society. Whether you are pursuing scholarly
research, building systems and applications, or managing computing projects, ACM offers opportunities to advance
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• A subscription to the completely redefined Communications of the ACM, ACM’s flagship monthly magazine
• The option to subscribe to the full ACM Digital Library, with improved search functionalities and Author
Profile Pages for almost every author in computing
• The Guide to Computing Literature, with over one million bibliographic citations
• Access to ACM’s Career & Job Center offering a host of exclusive career-enhancing benefits
• Free e-mentoring services provided by MentorNet®
• Full and unlimited access to over 3,000 online courses from SkillSoft
• Full and unlimited access to 1, 100 online books, featuring 500 from Books24x7®, and 600 from Safari® Books
Online, including leading publishers such as O’Reilly (Professional Members only)
• The option to connect with the best thinkers in computing by joining 34 Special Interest Groups or
hundreds of local chapters
• ACM’s 40+ journals and magazines at special member-only rates
• TechNews, ACM’s tri-weekly email digest delivering stories on the latest IT news
• CareerNews, ACM’s bi-monthly email digest providing career-related topics
• MemberNet, ACM’s e-newsletter, covering ACM people and activities
• Email forwarding service & filtering service, providing members with a free acm.org email address and
high-quality Postini spam filtering
• And much, much more!
ACM’s worldwide network ranges from students to seasoned professionals and includes many of the leaders in the field.
ACM members get access to this network, and enjoy the advantages that come from sharing in their collective expertise,
all of which serves to keep our members at the forefront of the technology world.
I invite you to share the value of ACM membership with your colleagues and peers who are not yet members, and I hope
you will encourage them to join and become a part of our global community.
Thank you for your membership in ACM.
John R. White
Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer
Association for Computing Machinery